Sunday, June 05, 2005

Summer rolls and shoes

My brother inlaw came in late night taking the red eye from lax. He had to stay behind to work on some real estate deal and drop of the kids with his parents. He's a complete zombie who is being pushed and pulled by my BS. We said our goodbyes because they are leaving after the wedding.

Its a beautiful day for a wedding. This is the kind of day I want to be married. All dressed in white while the sun shines on me. I spent yesterday with the BS searching for shoes. I thought she should go for Jimmy Choos. She chose Manolos. After shoe shopping we went to down to chinatown and some Vietmanese food.

Over summer rolls I told her about work and how I got into trouble for ditching early for the hamptons. She nearly had a sh*tfit.

BS "What you did was so ghetto. "

Me "I don't understand what the big deal is? I am just an intern."

BS "It doesn't matter if your an intern or the dishwasher. Your hired to do a job and you are expected to take care of it. Ohmigod. Are you like on welfare?"

Me "But I hate working there. I mean the people there are so mean. It seems they are all out to get me."

BS "Sweetie, everyone is mean wherever you go. And everyone is out to get you. That's life. Whether you go to Dalton or Harvard you are going to deal with a**holes of all types and varieties. If you don't like being there then just quit. Stop wasting your time."

I just stirred my pho , staring a the noodles as they swirled in the bowl.

BS "Please just get it together."

Me" Yes doctor."

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I just stirred my pho , staring a the noodles as they swirled in the bowl."

PP! STAY AWAY FROM THE CARBS! Christ. How many times do I have to monitor your eating before you get it right?

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do people assume that PP has the style and wits necessary for any of the above?

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is fantastic!
I'm seriously considering making this a television show, kind of an east coast city version of the O.C.

Fabulous, keep up the great work!

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno if you're a fake or not PP, but you sure are baiting your critics (who for some reason keep coming back) with those last few entries. C'mon you must know this.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ole, you stupid foreign hippy: shit is FAKE!

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if it is fake, why is it so boring?

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home