Monday, November 17, 2008

Dawn of a new day

I am officially unemployed. Not a big deal. In fact I am surprised that the media company I was working for lasted this long. The firm was basically supported by hedge fund money and well we know how well they are doing these todays.

We were supposed to have closed up shop in August but all of a sudden we this huge short term advertising contract got dropped on our laps. The client was some big wig who needed research on the media landscape in the political world. We really earned our pay on that one.

So last Friday we cleaned out our cubes, said our goodbyes and promised to keep in touch. It was like the last day of camp.

So what now for the Princess? I haven't got a clue, but that is fine by me. I am going to let myself adrift at least until the end of this year. No point in applying for jobs in the media since there are none to be found. I am not going fight against the current since I have the luxury of owning my life preserver. Who am I kidding? I don't have a life preserver, I have an aircraft carrier courtesy of Grandma.

I have the money and freedom do what I want. Yet, here I am wondering what to do next?

Weird. Whenever I had too much time on my hands, I would go out shopping, go clubbing or do something to fill the void. Yet, it is not enough for me. Maybe some Me time is needed. Some introspective moments on my meaning. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home