Tuesday, December 04, 2007

None of your business

"How much are you worth?"

I am going crazy working on this spreadsheet because I do not know how to do excel but being the idiot I am I mention that I have excel experience. So they dump the excel sh*t on me. I am barely hanging on when the Chat shows and wants to talk to finance.

"Excuse me?"

"How much are you worth?"

It isn't the question that annoys me but it is the way she asks it. It is in a nonchalant manner as if she asking the weather is like. She doesn't even set it up with an introduction. She just goes in for the kill. Some people would think that it is cool since it is upfront. But there is a time and place for that and she is extremely rude. But as my sister once told me. Rude people never know they are being rude.

I hold back. As much as I want to rip her head off. I have to do this file.

"I am in the middle of something right. Can I get back to you?"

"You can just give me a number off the top of yor head."

She does not get the hint. I am going to smack her.

I talk about having a trust fund but I only write about it here. I was raised to never talk about money in public unless it was people we "knew." I mean there are no hard and fast rules. But there are ways to talk about money. The Chat is not abiding by those rules either out of ignorance or malice.

I stop what I am doing and look at her straight in the eye.

"I am really busy right now. I think we should table this discussion for another time. Like never, since it is none of your business."

I go back to work she walks away.

1 Comments:

Blogger Guernican said...

So it's true. Money CAN buy class.

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home