Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sitting Shiva

So I got this email from this WSJ reporter.


Hi Prada Princess,
I cover luxury goods for the Wall Street Journal and I am looking for a consumer who spent too much on luxury goods over the past few years and is now reigning in spending amid some concern for the overall economy…was wondering if you or any of your friends might fit the bill…let me know. Thanks.

Rachel Dodes
Retail & Luxury Group
The Wall Street Journal


My response.


Ms. Dodes,

As much as I would love to dish about shopping sprees for Jimmy Choos shoes and driving the concierge crazy at Henri Bendel, I am in the middle of sitting Shiv'ah for Heath Ledger. I have learned there are bigger traumas in life than not being able to use your Amex Black.

I will correct you on one thing. When it comes to luxury goods, there is no such as thing as reigning in spending. You just look for more sample sales.

PP



Her response.

PP thanks for your note. I hope you saw my story today!
Best,
Rachel


Here is her story.

Maybe I am getting old but I am not really in the mood to think about luxury shopping or burning through the Amex black. I am just not concerned with that right now. In fact I haven't felt like blogging for awhile because of so much bulls**t going on in my life. But what I realize is that it is just bulls**t. There is no substance to it whatsoever.

3 Comments:

Blogger Guernican said...

Did you know Heath personally?

6:47 AM  
Blogger Pradaprincess said...

No. Did you?

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate the WSJ firewall.

glad to see you're back.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home