Sunday, April 15, 2007

Passover Madness

It was Thanksgiving all over again as my Dad began ripping into me at Passover.

"How much money do you have in your portfolio?"

"I don't know."

"You don't know?"

"I think I have UNDISCLOSED AMOUNT."

"You think? You think? When is the last time you checked your portfolio."

"I think it was three weeks ago."

"What?"

I started to slowly sip my water as my father begin to rip me open.

"What the hell is the matter with you? You should be checking your accounts everyday or at least once a week. How do you know if your money is all there? How do you know no one is stealing from you?"

"I don't. I'm sorry. I'll check on it more often."

"Maybe if you weren't shopping with your friends all the time and spent more time managing your finances."

Then like a nuclear bomb, I went off.

"For your f**king information, I have been spending my time at work and have had to play office politics while my job hung in the balance. And another thing, I haven't gone shopping since I started working and I have no friends since they all abandoned me. "

At this point checks were wet with my own tears. Then I got up and went to my room.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"checks were wet with tears" - now that's a freudian slip. LOL
Don't feel bad, everyone's friends have abandoned them...it's a trend.
Have a party.

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everybdy with living family members dreads the holidays. What I'd like to know is when does it end? If you're sixty years old and your Dad is still alive, does he still have the right to jump disrespectfully into your private affairs? Of course I guess at sixty you can tell him to kiss your butt and he won't hear it.
Good luck at work, you wouldn't believe the characters at my job.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home