Sunday, November 28, 2004

Thanksgiving Trauma

I am slowly entering a turkey induced coma from the leftovers that Mom packed for me. Its a lot of food since we didn't eat that much because of the fight we had.

The moment I sat down Mom commenced the kvetching. "Why aren't you married? Where are my grand children?" She began going on about Tina's daughter Amber going on her third pregnancy. I yelled at her that Amber is so stupid that all she know is how to lie on her back and she already has three grand children on west coast courtesy of my sister the great doctor and her lawyer husband. Then Mom said that she hardly sees them. I said Maybe that's the way they like it.

Mom started bawling, Dad got up and demanded my credit cards and was going to cut off my trust fund. I started crying saying that he couldn't do that since Grandma set it up before I was born. He said he could do whatever he wanted since he's a lawyer. I ran screaming into my room. This was all before the turkey was cut.

My cheeks were burnt with dried tears and I went to the bathroom and like a cat waiting for a mouse she was there waiting to pounce. She pulled a Joan Collins attitude and told me that when her Mom died she remembered every bad thing she said to her and that's how they get you back.

I started crying again. The rest of the conversation went like this.

"Are you dying?"
"We all die little lamb"
"Then why are you being so mean to me?"

Mom held me in her arms and told me that that she did not want me to waste anytime with my life. I am 22 years old but time goes so fast and girls get to a point when they want a family butwhen that happens its too late. We hugged. It was too late to eat dinner. Mom and Dad went to bed and I fell asleep watching dvds of Sex and the City.

The next day Dad sat me down and told he was going to leave my trust fun alone but he was going to get rid of my credit cards which made me freak, I was like who is going to pay my bills?

"You have a trust fund!"
"I don't want to waste my money."
"What do you think I am doing? Do you know how much that platnium card is going to cost me a month?"
Mom convinced him to leave my credit cards alone and he told me that I was wasting money on rent and I need to buy something for equity and taxes.

So my next mission along with becoming the next Deborah Harry is to buy an apartment. I figure this will be easy enough. I get myself a broker find a place and buy it. I mean how hard can it be?

4 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

You are richer than Linday Lohan, yet you rent??? No way. I don't have a trust fund, but even I have a condo.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Pradaprincess said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Pradaprincess said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your dad appears to be the only one with a bit of sense. I would cut off everything you have and never let you touch it again, prat.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home