Monday, July 18, 2005

Your fired.

I've been up since 6 since I am nervous wreck. My memory laps have stopped. I think its because of me being sick and my period. I didn't check my emails till yesterday and I found out I was fired over email.

Here's the deal. When I got sick last week I left a voice mail at work with one of the lawyers letting them I would not be coming in. I figured I was covered. But according to these emails they never heard from me after that. The last one was on Thursday sayiing that since I never responded that they were "terminating my internship".

I was freaking out yesterday and called VD. VD went into to HR mode and was like why didn't they call instead of email. I told her the only way they could contact me was through email since I never left my full contact info because I didn't want to be
bothered at home. So she was like, so you didn't call them except for that time when you told them you were sick and they haven't called you. I was like I haven't called them since leaving the voicemail and I haven't contacted them by voicemail. And then VD asked if I had responded to the emails. I was like no. Then I was like should I call them? And Vd was like no. She told to go into work on Monday morning. I was like what? She said just go. Act like nothin happened. When they asked what you are doing here and you were fired act really surprised and deny you got the emails. Remember, until they have a confirmation that you actaully got the emails, as far you are concerned you still work there. I was liek what? VD ket reassuring it owuld be alright. Jsut go in there act surprised and tell them its not your fault and that you called in and left a message stating you were sick and that you were so ill you did not call in and you assumed that got the message that you called in. VD told me I was just a 10 dollar and hour intern that so they would let it slide since I had no real responsibilities there. Besides. Emails get lost. But I had to act ignorant of what I was doing and believe my innocence. She told me that this is how the Republican party gets away with everything.

Its 9:23. I am going in. I feel really scared.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read the title of your post but haven't read the body yet. You should edit it to read You're fired, not your fired. "Your" denotes possession while "You're" is a contraction of You are. Were you fired for grammar?

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, if you're sick, you need to call in every day that you're sick and let them know that you are not coming in. And they do have a right to request a doctor's note. After 3 days of not coming into work, it's considered job abandonment, and they have every right to terminate you. VD isn't very good at this "HR mode" thingy.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New York state adheres to the Employment-At-Will doctrine which basically means they can fire you at anytime for no reason at all.

Please keep us posted; I am dying to see how Papa JAP is going to react to this one!

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How the hell do you get -- or even apply -- for a job without giving a phone number? Liar.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am firing you from my list of frequented sites. You are so full of crap. What company only has your email address??....i mean if you got this lame job through connections i would think they would know how to get a hold of you or at least your family to make sure you were murdered and chopped up into pieces and put in a foot locker before they fired you in an email.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"She told me that this is how the Republican party gets away with everything." Jesus Christ, you are a writing genius.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home