Monday, June 27, 2005

sick as a dog

My dreams for tearing it up in LA went up in smoke. Our hotel reservations were completely messed up and I ended up getting sick and stayed in the hotel room the whole time. I was going to call my sister for help but decided agaisnt it. I knew she was going to yell at me for coming to LA and for ditching my intership.

VD took a later flight because she had to meet with some execs at another PR firm. I felt abandoned by her the whole trip since she was out partying and was coming back completely wasted. Meanwhile I am laying in bed sick as a dog only able to eat overpriced oatmeal and ginger ale from room service.

We were supposed to get seperate rooms but because of a screwup ont heir part we had to share a room. VD was pissed and started screaming at the maitre d who tried to appease us by giving us free green fees for the gold course and VD screamed at him saying do we look like we have golf clubs?

We got seperate beds at least but that didn't helped because she kept bringing these guys back. VD told me I was seeing things because I was sick but I know she hooked up because they accidentally jumped into my bed.

The flight back was hell since I kept getting up to throw up and I had the window seat. There was this really fat hair guy in the aisle seat who kept giving me a dirty look everytime I got up. It ended on a really great note when the cabbie ripped me of for 60 bucks to get to Manhattan.

I am in bed felling a bit better and blogging now. I am tryting to figure how I got sick. Was it the sushi?

Its wierd when you are ill. You have no place to go but inside your head. I have been reviewing my life choices over and over. Yes. I am not happy what I am doing. I have to figure out another game plan. But for some reason I feel more stress on myself because it feels like I am on borrowed time. I am 21 years old. Isn't this crazy?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great friends you have, PP. You're sick as a dog and probably a little delirious, and your slutty friend is hooking up and taking advantage of your brain-addled state. heheh.

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean, you feel like you're on borrowed time, hun?
When you said that i got a chill up my spine.

Be well, PP.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PP, you are so young. It doesn't have to be this way. Get off the treadmill, and find something you love to do. It can be a hobby. The definition of an ideal job is one that the employee would do for free if there wasn't any pay. You are in the enviable position of being able to afford to work wherever you want, so you need to figure out what you want. Don't be fabulous, be happy. And the way to be happy is to find out what makes you want to get up in the morning, what makes you feel clean inside, as if you just ate an apple, and do it all the time. You just have to find it. We have faith in you.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're a fucking moron. it says right there in the back of any yellow cab that it's a fixed fare from any of the new york air ports to manhattan ($35 i think).

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home