Wednesday, April 06, 2005

You have nothing

I am at this barebecue with with a mix of friends from private school and I am cutting some cake and I am talking to this girl and ask how she is doing but for some reason this guy walks into the conversation and says to me.
I have a house and a pool and you? You've got nothing.

I look up in shock to see this a**hole that I knew from Horace Mann. He was this fat kid who thought he was such a big deal in 7th grade because he had fingerd at a bar mitzvah. He ended up working for the family business in South Africa and the last I heard he was wounded in a shoot out with his ex-girlfriend after she caught him schtupping her cousin.

I have been up since 5am and I can't sleep. This dream has really gotten to me. What really pisses me off is that those words are said by somone I really dislike. But I don't have anyhting. I mean what do I have to leave to the world? Other than my trust fund. What do I have that says to everyone that I was here?


The only thing I got from that job interview was ding letter saying thank you for playing and goodbye. When I told Dad he freaked. I was like what's the big deal. He said if you want something in life you have to fight for it. Its never handed to you. And I was like this is just a stupid paralegal job. He was like that's not the point. Those people dismissed you. They think you are waste of their time. And until you prove them wrong, people will always treat you that way. I was like what am I supposed to do now? He told me to go back and call them and demand why I did not get the position and tell them why I am qualified for the position.

That was more than a week ago. I am trying to ignore but it has been bothering me. I should say something, do something. Maybe that is what that guy in the movie theatre meant when he "You will be one day."

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

shit, you went to HM? so did i. can't wait to find out who you are and see your yearbook picture.

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yadda yadda whats the point of it all blah blah blah. What drivel.

Shhhhhh now. Stop worrying about things you don't understand. Just retire to the couch and let dear old M&M's do the soothing. Perhaps with some ice cream. Maybe some of that tasty chocolate syrup. OH! And don't forget the cookies. Lots and lots of cookies.

Cookies won't judge you.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i went there too! what year were you?

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You learned to write like that at Horace Mann? Thank God my kids go to Fieldston.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Pradaprincess said...

I never went to HM. The fat a-hole did. God. Don't you people know how to read?

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I look up in shock to see this a**hole that I knew from Horace Mann." Your sentence suggested you went there too. If you'd meant to say you didn't attend school with fatty, the best thing to say would have been "I look up in shock to see this a**hole that I knew who went to Horace Mann." That tells us that he went there, but you didn't.

I went to HM too, and it's funny to see so many alums pop up here.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl, don't stress it. you'll find something soon enough - since you can afford to, you should go with something that you actually enjoy since you won't have to worry about the money. law is boring as all heck anyway...you ain't missing much.

xoxo,
p

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have this

GMAIL INVITE

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home