Monday, April 17, 2006

NSFW! NOT SAFE FOR WORK!

Besides not wanting to embarrass my family and get hunted by some of the obese psychos one of the reasons why I do not post pictures of myself is that I am not comfortable showing my face.

It all stems from college. I had aspirations of becoming the next Dawn Steel and became obsessed with movies, particularly the movie Swimming with Sharks, which I think, is so much better than the Player.

I took a film class at school as an elective and our final project was a short film, which I not only wrote and directed but also starred. We were using these archaic black and white 16 mm cameras. I think they were used in WWII. II. Anyways I quickly realized that doing sync sound was out of the question after seeing one of my classmates implode while trying to sync a minute worth of a dialogue.

I chose to do a music video for my project since you don’t need to sync anything just play it against the film. I decided to go for an artsy feel so I used Fools Gold by the Stone Roses. The plot of the video was simply me bopping around in a bikini and sunglasses at various parts of the campus.

The shoot took half a day to do but it took me an entire weekend to edit it. When it was down I totally freaked out when I looked at it in the screening room.

The camera doesn’t just add 10 pounds, it also adds every wrinkle, and pimple and stretch marks that aren’t supposed exist. I almost burned my film right there. I ended up guzzling a 6 pack of red bulls in order to reedit my film in one night. I removing any close ups of my face and body and replaced with wide shots of me dancing around the campus.

I ended up getting a B+. But after that experience I decided that film was not for me. I just did not have the skills to control this craft. You really have to be smart to make a movie.

Another thing that changed me completely was that I would freak out every time someone pulled out camera. Whenever I would go to parties I went through this Jekyl and Hyde transformation where I would be laughing and drinking but as soon as someone took out a camera I would shut up and turn away from them. I even had a hard time taking photos for my sorority events. I could just not deal with being on camera.

When the Paris Hilton sex tape came out, I remember my Dad asking if I had done anything like. I told my Dad that he was being gross but also reminded him he taught at a young age that whatever I do, don’t get caught. As he put it. No evidence, no crime. No problem.

I am bringing up this subject because the following photos were making the rounds in the office they found from this site. I have to warn you all these photos are NSFW. So consider yourself warned.


According to my co-workers the girls are a bunch of silver spooners doing their rendition of the Pussycat dolls. The first picture is that these girls posing trying to pull an, as my sister would say, the Andy Warhol look. You know that we’re hot but we don’t care cause we’re bored. But it they are sooo pathetic looking. I mean they look like a bunch of girls playing dress up and trying to say to the world “Look at us. We’re being grown ups.” It would be cute if wasn’t so sad.



If you notice, there is this red head on the right with this psycho bitch stare. She is trying to pull off “Too sexy for you. Do not look.”

The blonde is trying to pull that teasing topless look with her hair covering her boobs. I don’t know why she is bothering since she has nothing to show. And then there is the girl on the left doing a horrible JLO head tilt. What the f**k is up with her hair? She looks like a Patti Labelle nightmare.

The second photo almost made me hurl. They are all lying on the bed as if they just finished a hot session of Sapphic wrestling and smoking crystal meth. But whoever took these photos should be dragged into the street and shot.



Do d you see the two girls who are spooning each other at the top of the page? Their first mistake is wearing the butt floss. Butt floss is one of the worst things a girl can wear because it offers no support unlike a thong. Your ass is literally hanging out there. Even if you are wearing jeans you have to still be really cautious. I know very few women who can pull of the butt floss look and they are models.

The second girl’s ass looks like a huge lopsided mess. I mean we are talking leftover pizza dough at Domino’s lopsided. I would be so scared if I was that girl behind her because that that ass looks like it will smother her. She better cut the stairmaster s**t out or else the only guys she will hooking up is the cast of Nick Cannon’s Wild N Out. And my god, look at that gut. Does she not understand the concept of sucking in your gut? How many PBRs has this girl been chugging? Cut down carbs and I have one word for you. Pialtes.

And what the f**k is up with the cheetah print underwear? Is this the return of the trailer park look? That was so 1990’s. What were they thinking? Maybe that’s it. Maybe they weren’t thinking at all.

Victoria Secret models are paid millions of dollars for what they do because lingerie work takes a lot of effort. It’s not enough to have a hot body. It is not just about looking pretty but also presenting you body in the right fashion for maximum effect. That means knowing what are the best camera angles and how to contort your physical shape in a most pleasing fashion. This doesn’t happen overnight. It takes a lot of work and studying. Giselle Fernandez was famous for helping her Brazilian sisters in how to command the camera to get the most aesthetically pleasing shots. Which results in billions of dollars for lingerie sales.

In one of my fem studies classes a professor of mine did a lecture on fashion models and the exploitation of women. She showed how models had evolved in many ways by showing slides of 70’s models and current female models. She pointed how body types have changed that in the 70’s women were fatter and are not as well maintained physically. While fashion models now are skinner and are surgically enhanced in different areas. As disgusted she was with the industry she did point out there were many changes which made being a model an art form and was one of the few industries where a woman not only made more money then men but was in more control. However she felt it was a the cost of woman's pyshce as they aspired for an unattainable body image at the cost of their health.

My professor would probably argue that girls like Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Simpson are to blame for these girls actions since it was their public displays of drunkenness, tales of drug fueled sex romps and other b**ch foolery promoting the social acceptance of this self exploitation amongst girls.

Personally, I am all about you do what you want to do. We all are responsible for our own decisions. But you take your chances with the rest of us. Perhaps girls are treating these girls as role models but you got to learn to think for yourself.

Being a girl is hard, I mean we have so more things to worry about then boys. From how we dress, how we talk to what makeup we wear. We are constantly on our guard because we are judged every moment by other girls whispering cattily behind our backs. So what do we do? We join cliques and secure our place in the social hierarchy since it is all about safety in numbers. Popular girls, unpopular girls, Goths, fat girls, girls on the fast track to Sarah Lawrence, it doesn’t matter. Just as long as you belong and that you are not alone because being alone is the worst.

Parents will say, peer pressure. Peer Pressure has nothing to do with this. To say there was pressure is to say that they were forced into doing this. It was their mutual acceptance of each other, which enabled them to take these pictures without thinking.

I know this sounds weird but when girls act out in this way, they seem to lose a part of their soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home