Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Me? Lawyer?

I am not sure if I want to be a lawyer. I got out the office an hour ago and some of the lawyers are still in the office.

Here are some comments that I found annoying and funny.


No one could possibly like being a lawyer unless they are an anal retentive f**knut.


I should be offended because my dad is a lawyer but I am going to have to give this one a pass. Whenever I got a bad grade on my report card, my father would demand all my homework, tests and notes from the class and would try to figure out what I did wrong.



Do not become a lawyer. Most lawyers are extremely unhappy. They become lawyers because they don't know what to do in life and then they spend the rest of their lives being miserable. Quit the paralegal job right now. Since you don't need the money, get an internship or low paying job in some field where you might have some possible interest - music, arts, magazine, whatever. Take this time to try different things. But obviously you are wasting your time working at a law firm.


I love being a lawyer. I had a great job in private practice, where I worked for over six years, and now I have a great job in-house. A person can be very happy being a lawyer. However, PP, I don't think it's right for you, and I don't think you're right for it.


You both remind me of this professor that ragged on my sister when she was taking organic chem. My sister did really crappy on the first exam, her TA told her to just give up and go marry a doctor instead of trying to be one. I think that TA helped her because my sister got so pissed that she studied her ass off and got an A in the class.

I mean I am still trying to figure this out. I have heard that this is true with alot of lawyers. I have hung out with lawyers at parties who bitch and moan about their jobs. I just started with this internship. I can't really make a decision yet. I am not sure if I want to do the music arts thing casue VD does alot of that I learn alot when she talks about the work she does. She offers to get me gigs, but I am not sure if I want to do that. Yeah. I don't need the money but that's not the point is it?


Of course I can't forget Ole,

How can the first two posters have any idea whether she would like being a lawyer, never mind whether she'd be a good one? She's a frigging teenager. How many of you knew what you wanted to do at that age?

I think this is the closest thing to support from Ole. I am not complaining. I'll take whatever I can. I'm not a teenager anymore. I am sort of like that Britney Spears song. I'm not a girl but not yet a woman. But thank you Ole.


This was the best.

do not go to law school. everyone there is ugly and wears ugly shoes. ick

I am in a very different place right now. There are so many paths in front of me, so many things. But which is the right one. I don't know. She is right. Law students are not the greatest dressers I guess that is why they OD on Brooks Brothers and Hickey Freedman.

Can't forget this.

You're too fat to be a lawyer.

And your too poor to own a computer yet here you are.
So eat s**t and die.

Btw, Shoshanna has good s**t. Love her bras.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I got out the office" --Really? Are you going to put it back when you are done?

"My sister did really crappy on the first exam, her TA told her to just give up and go marry a doctor instead of trying to be one." --COMMA SPLICE IDIOT!!

"I am not sure if I want to do the music arts thing casue VD does alot of that I learn alot when she talks about the work she does." --Run-on sentence. And since when is "a lot" one word, Webster?

"And your too poor to own a computer yet here you are." --Quick lesson: "Your" is possessive. "You're" is short for "you are."

Oh, PP...when will you learn that one must be SMART to be a lawyer? Unless you pursue your degree at the U of Guatalahara, your odds of getting into a reputable school are null, especially considering you claim to be a white, high class female. (Damn that affirmative action, right?)

Why not just get married, join the Junior League, and get over it?

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jews don't join the junior league, retard.

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jews don't join the junior league, retard.

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jews don't join the junior league, retard.

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jews don't join the junior league, retard.

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey "writer"!
that's G-u-a-d-a-l-a-j-a-r-a.
with a "D", fool. Not a "T".
where did you learn to spell?

as for Ole. it's amazing what you can detect about a person, just from their posts.

it's always been obvious that Ole is a boozer with no life (despite his coy little offhand reference to knowing "screen writers"), who manages to haul his podgy arse off the couch long enough to shtup himself while fantasizing about Prada Princess and then pen nasty posts to her to assuage his guilty, filthy little mind.

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Ole! Ability to process thoughts and spell is indicative of a well-balanced, intelligent mind. PP has neither.

Hey, anonymous! Depending on what country one is in, "Guatalahara" is a perfectly acceptable spelling.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PP, could you please just photograph parts of yourself for the blog?
Please don't get me wrong. I don't mean anything suggestive.
I just thought mabey you could, like, take pics of your hand or your foot, or little things you have around you.
Like in some blogs people never photograph themselves but they take pics of their cat, or their bowl of cereal (lol), or things they like.
It would just be fun to sort of see just a bit of you and your life,without seeing the whole enchilada.
It was just a thought, PP. I do like you and I like your blog, and read it every day.
Bye for now,
Colette

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, they don't spell it with a "T" in Guadalajara.

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how smart you need to be in order to be a lawyer, however, you DO need to be able to prove a point and win an argument. I don't believe PP has been able to do that yet.

9:54 AM  
Blogger The Skirt said...

I just hope that you will find somehting that makes you happy, whether it is law or not.

I started out at law school and quit to do other study because law wasn't for me. My parents were deeply unimpressed, but they eventualy stopped complaining. More importantly, I found something that I loved doing.

There's no harm in trying a few things out and deciding they're not for you. Plenty of people do it (people who "need the money" included!). It's better than getting stuck in a job or career that makes you miserable.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm a lawyer, and I have lots and lot of really fabulous shoes. Prada, Miu Miu, Manolos, YSL, Tod's . . . . The list goes on and on.

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PP - i'm a former lawyer. don't do it! worst job ever. and you don't need the money. my thought? move to la and get a job in entertainment. you love celebrities and gossip - this is the place for you.

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think when she types angry responses to negative comments she mouths the words she's typing and blows spittle and pieces of the Big Max she's currently plowing through all over the screen?

I think so.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Courting Couture said...

Clarification: Law students have ugly shoes. If you go to top tier law school, or a not so hot law school but struggle like a salmon swimming upstream and make it into the top 10%, then you'll end up at a nice cushy law firm where you can afford $500 shoes and the corresponding requiste taxis.

In fact, you'll need em' cuz nothing else is goin to make you happy.

I'm in law school right now. And it ain't pretty. even with beer goggles on.

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home