Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Better Luck Tomorrow

I was hanging with VD in her apartment today. She was going crazy getting her tax stuff together and needed somone to scream at while going through her reciepts. I was going through her tivo and when I found this movie Better Luck Tomorrow. Her F Buddy was raving about that it was a ground breaking film about Chinese people and she should watch it. But that was like a month ago.

I asked her if she watched it she said no and wasn't interested in watching a movie about a bunch of nerds who get into a protractor war. I started watching it ann the first couple of minutes freaked me out. Its starts with two asian guys talking to each other about college when they hear a cell phone go off. Its not either of there's and they start looking for it and they find in a body that has been buried. I stopped because I got really scared and asked VD to watch it with me. I hate scary movies. It took me three hours to watch Scream. I kept watching in bits and pieces.

When Vd got her papers together we ordered some thai food and watched the movie.

This movie wasn't at all like I expected. I mean, there was no kung fu, no jackie chan, no one speaking in accents and was not at all like the Joy Luck Club which I love. The Joy Luck Club was just as good as Miss Saigon. Its basically about a bunch over achieving Chinese boys who go on a crime spree.

Its funny though. Back in my private school days I knew girls who were in the whole gangsta chick phase and would ditch their uniforms after school to hook up with the bad boys from uptown.

There was this one Italian girl who thought herself as real bad ass because she was born in the Bronx and had a boyfriend who dressed like a member of 50's cents crew. It turned out he went to Stuyvesant. Last time I heard she was in Florida as a nursing student and her ex-boyfriend is now a insurance broker.

The boys in the movie are quite yummy. Especially Han. He has that James Dean vibe going on. I kind of felt sorry for Steve. He had the girl and everything but still wasn't happy. Ben is really cute and funny. He reminds me of this boy from hebrew school who used to hang around me and help me cheat on tests but I would never go out with him.

The ending is f**ked up. I won't give it away but it got VD really upset and it takes alot to do that.
But for such a messed up movie there was some really funny parts like the scene where Ben gets on the basketball team.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

blah blah blah. utter garbage.

4:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OLE cracks me up. She is constantly bagging on PP, yet here she is, every day with her pseudo-intellectual insight and grade school feedback. At least PP draws a very large audience. Your claim to fame is riding on the coat tails, and bragging about it, of someone you claim to despise.

You're also too dense to see on obvious parody.

Doc

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but Ole, if PP improves her grammar, syntax, and spelling, I wouldn't enjoy reading her anymore. It's precisely the marring of those particular "rules" that make her blog so entertaining.
I suppose the perverse pleasure I derive from knowing that despite her millions, she is is basically illiterate, as well as clinically depressed, with a completely empty existence, an eating disorder, and absolutely no love life, gives me a renewed sense of self-worth.
Don't change a thing, PP. I love you just the way you are.

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is Ole a "she"???

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great. This entry proves that not only is she a fat pig, but she is also a racist fat pig.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not necessarily commenting on this post, but on your posts in general.

See, I happen to think you are hilarious. I think your posts are fun to read, and reading them is a fun break from work.

What I *do not* understand are these vapid posts ripping you up. WHY ON EARTH would someone come to read what is basically your journal, if they retain such a distaste for you? It's idiotic of them.

I mean, seriously, grouches. What do you gain from coming here and reading about a girl you can't stand, only to tear her up?

I've just been wondering about this for a while, and thought I had to say something.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

since PP is such a drama queen, maybe she should go on this show http://www.thewb.com/Shows/GenericShow/0,11116,214898,00.html

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

obviously, we are *all entertained by PeePee, even if it's only to stroke our egos with all of our random anonymous soapbox bullsh*t. we can sit here at our 'puters and gasp, "why do they do say that to her?!" "why do they come here?!", but this is merely ALL of us creating a drama- because we want to. i'm just hoping there isn't anyone who is taking it seriously, because...that's kind of a waste of time. with that said, i will go back to my corner of our miniture blogosphere and pretend i 'don't like' her again.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, *obviously we all come here because we are entertained by PeePee, even if our primary intention is to use her blog to stroke our egos in the most cowardly way possible and write nearly-as-ridiculous soapbox bullcrap of our own. we are all creating a big drama together because we *want to do it. if you haven't learned that about the world yet, i suppose this is a good place to start. it's all voluntary- we can all sit around at our 'puters and carry on our own melodrama and say "ohmygaw- i can't believe they say that to her!" and "ohmygaw, she is, like, SO not literate and i am!"
and it's all the same inane nonsense. so maybe you aren't quite ready to admit to yourself or anyone else that you entertain yourself with nonsense...yet we ALL are still doing it- so what? that being said, i will now go back to my corner of our miniature blogsphere and commence my 'i don't like PeePee, i'm a hater" persona.

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i was having posting problems, too..heheheh ...delays, man.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting...anyway, i was trying to recreate my post. that's what happens with wine and words...and blog bugs

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that thought has crossed my mind, as many times as writing a post under the identity of "Ole" has.
Now it's going to get *really confusing...

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I highly doubt Ole is another persona of the PP writer. I think it's a person with no life personally. Just a hunch.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home