Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Prada Princess Comment Smackdown Part 2

I was hoping to avoid this but some of these comments are really mean and I can't just ignore them anymore since they make me really mad.

I am sorry, but as someone who works very closely with LVMH, I can tell you THEIR BAGS NEVER, EVER GO ON SALE! I thought this blog was cute, and a bit true, but I can tell you that this one statement has changed my views a bit. Jimmy's go on sale, in fact they had a sample sale last week, but LV's NEVER MY DEAR. You lie, and that's just pathetic.


See, you work for LV. I buy LV. Big difference. I am a frequent customer so sales people loooove me. Why? Because of my growing collection of handbags. So I am one of the lucky few who have the honor of getting an inside deal especially this time of year because I am every time I walk in the store, I will most likely whip out the platinum. There is no need for them to give the help (That's you honey.) a deal because its an honor enough to work with LV.

Now if anyone is lying its you. If you worked with LV as you claim, you obviously would know this.

Where you can never get a good deal on LV is in Chinatown where the B&T go in droves because they think they are getting a great deal when in fact all the bags are cheap fake pieces of crap. No matter what a great deal they get its a complete rip off since the bags are pennies to make because they use 5 year old ladyboys from Cambodia as labor and the quality is so poor.

I would never be caught dead at a sample sale. I bet you bought a ton of shoes to sell at your stall in Chinatown which I suspect is where you work.


LVMH (parent of vuitton) is a very strict company when it comes to how its products are marketed and sold. The vuitton line is only sold at vuitton boutiques (even if they are miniboutiques located in larger department stores) and they never ever go on sale, and I mean never. As a LVMH connected friend once said "the company would rather burn unsold stock than put it on sale." Perhaps you bought your *** on ebay with your "trust fund" or, more likely, your are fake.



Yes. LV would burn their stock before putting it on sale. So they can keep it out of your grubby hands . Louis is very strict, but only with people like you who carry the discover card and yearn for the days of sears tough skin jeans.

But sweetie, L loves the Platnium because L knows only the serious buyers carry that card and that one sale from me is a week in the caribbean. I have always had the best service from the LV crew. Who is "your LV connected friend?" Is it the troll that works in Chinatown that called me pathetic? While you are there selling bootleg dvds make yourself useful and get me a bag of those yummy eggrolls.


Only a girl as tacky as you, would like a phone as tacky as this. You are despicable. I may be the B&T crowd but I money doesn't not make class. Little do you know that the rest of the world is not laughing with you, they are laughing AT YOU.


Since you are B&T so you are an obvious an expert tacky. That's very special. The world could laugh at me all they want. Like Mandela I will stay strong and not let your words affect me.


You and I are a lot alike in a lot of ways. However, I decided to go to law school and now I am a corporate and real estate attorney in NYC. I got the whole renting v. equity lecture when I was about your age and so I bought an apartment on the UES. As for how to start . . . I decided what I wanted (2Bed, 2Bath minimum) and went through the Times Sunday Real Estate section and just went to Open Houses (I ended up with a new construction condo so I could rent it out easily if I went back to Paris or just decided to keep it as an investment property after I got married). When you go to an open house, pay attention to the brokers who are hosting. When you find one you like and feel who understands what you are looking for or can help you figure that out, ask them to help you find a place. Since you are the purchaser, you don't pay the broker's fee (that is for the seller). Brokers are absolutely necessary in this town. As I said, I totally understand what you are going through. Good luck and don't pay attention to the people who post hate in your comments--it is too obvious that they are just jealous.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your thoughts. All of what you have said is very true about real estate. I have to figure what I want. I learned that really quickly when my Dad yelled at me about getting an aprtment with staff quarters. He is right. Its not something I need. Wow. You're a lawyer. My Dad would kill for a daughter like you. I thought about law school but I hate the lsat. I barely got past the SATs.

If you really are in need of figuring out apartments, you could always do it the Po' Man's way and use Craig's List. But really you need to decide what kind of place you want to live in. Do you want to be closer to shopping? Or Would you rather be closer to bars and drinking? Would you rather live close to your friends? And I know its heresay, but you could always leave New York and go some place else, like Europe or LA.

Thank you for the tip. Craigslist is sooo funny. Some of the ads are just hilarious. I want to be close to everything from shopping to bars. But I find those things from the upper west to the lower east side. LA is not really any option, since I went to school out there and I hate driving. But your right. I have to figure out what I want.


i love your blog. am your newest fan. hope you dont mind me linking to you!

Go right ahead sweetie! In fact all of you who enjoy my blog feel free to link.

How about gaining a social conscious before you continue to insult every single person who thinks, and rightly so, that you are pretentious.

First of all I am very socially concscious. I voted for Kerry. But at least you have the guts to show who you are.

By the way, what are you doing posting in the middle of the afternoon? Don't you work? Oh... haha... sorry... what was I thinking...
(For the record, I'm a student. But then again, I don't claim to be rich and powerful, so what the hell do I matter - right?)

No I don't work. Because I don't need to. And yes you do matter. I never said I was rich and powerful. Ok. I am rich. But doesn't make me better than you. Just richer.


This is what I don't get - you think you're living up to some 'rich culture'. Growing up in this supposed 'culture' myself, I can tell you truthfully that it's people like you who give people like me a bad reputation.

I am not living up to any culture as you put it I am just being me. As far as a bad repution is occured, I am just being honest and doing my own thing. If people don't get me that's their problem.


Some of the wealthiest people I know are very highly educated (which they EARNED and many paid for on their own), have very well-respected jobs (which they EARNED), and do more charitable work than any other group of people I know.

That's cool they do those things. But are they being charitable or becasue they want to or they like you because they are afraid of what people will think of them if they don't live up to other people's expectaions.

This makes them privileged, but generally no different from the rest of the world - Mommy and Daddy were there in the beginning, but they won't be there always.

I know Mommy and Daddy won't there for me always. That's why Grandma set up my trustfund.


So please, I beg of you, be quiet. Take a step back and wonder how long you would survive if you went to Middle America with that attitude.

I will not be quiet down just because what I say upsets other people. Maybe they should be quiet. They are the ones who need to take a step back and wonder how long they would survive if they kept on criticizing people. I have met privilleged people from Middle America and like you say there are no different than anyone else. They have the same attitudes as the rest of us. So I think I would do just fine there.

It's a crazy world out there (which I'm sure you now see), and it'll bite you in the ass if you have an attitude like this towards absolutely everyone who has a negative comment to throw at you.

Yeah. Its a crazy world and I refuse to be afraid of it. If it bites me in the ass. It bites me in the ass. That's life and you can't live it being afraid.
I have no problem with people throwing their words at me but make no mistake I am not going to sit still and take it.
I am not going shut up just because some idiots are jealous that they do not have the life I have. Maybe they should be the oens to take a step back and look at themselves. Middle America is no different than anywhere else and if the world bites me in the ass, than it bites me in the ass. That's life and you can't live life being afraid.


Ok. All of this writing is making me dizzy. But I am getting really tired of being attacked for just being me. At first I thought it was because no one really understood me but I think there are alot of jealous angry people.

Its going to cost me another 100 bucks but I am thinking of shutting off the anonymous section of my blog. At least it will mean that none of haters won't be able to hide. I was going to post some pictures of myself and my friends but I realize all it will do make myself more of a target.

I am big believer in the Constitution and I believe people have the right to say what they want but within reason. You'll notice that some of the worst comments I have left alone because I believe these people should be heard. But I have deleted comments because they were beyond offensive to women or just somone repeating comments over and over.

BUT I AM NOT BACKING DOWN! Call me fake a fraud, poor little rich girl. I don't care. SO BRING IT ON!



12 Comments:

Blogger emschmem said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks like we have a genuine limosine liberal. "I am socially conscious." Please. But please, write some more morally masturbatory posts. Then write some more posts about spending the equivalent of a carribean vacation on bags every week. Studies show that the more "socially conscious"=liberal states are, the less their population gives as a percentage of their income/wealth. Just something to think on...

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For gawdsakes, stop extropolating from a fake blogger's post about her conscious to the character of an entire states and regions.

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice SMACKDOWN! Ouch. I almost feel bad for all the haters! I'm just like you, I'm soooo political and a young NY socialite! Most people don't even think I know anything about politics, that's why Bush got elected. Did you know he made a treaty with a country called Kyoto then BACKED OUT!!!

Keep the smack downs coming princess!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice SMACKDOWN! Ouch. I almost feel bad for all the haters! I'm just like you, I'm soooo political and a young NY socialite! Most people don't even think I know anything about politics, that's why Bush got elected. Did you know he made a treaty with a country called Kyoto then BACKED OUT!!!

Keep the smack downs coming princess!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or move to Copenhagen, Denmark where they have the longest pedestrian shopping street. It's a great country and living here for this year was the best option yet.

Forget New York and the states, go experience something new and leave everything behind for a bit. It's been the hardest and best decision I have made.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i linked to your site.
props for being true. Fight the haterade.

by the way - the techie term for what people are doing is called:
flaming.

Flaming = people angrily posting absolute haterade stuff that they would NEVER in a million years say to your face. Due to the annonomity of the internet, people are e-vil.

keep it up. on a personal note - why not just start purchasing the mulberry bag. its so cute - more subtle.


www.xanga.com/sleepyjae

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha... I think the Kyoto comment has much more comic value than this entire post.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no need to analyze the details of the content. One has to read from the psychological profile.

It is clearly that Prada Princess is showing off her fortune to the Average Joes like the rest of us. (Yes, I'm a very average American)

But you want to ask yourself (You! the Average Joe readers who have average incomes and average assets), would you publish a blog and show off your $90K salary and $50K BMW to the lowest 2% American people who is on welfare checks?

The answer definately is NO. If you try to show off your $90K income to the people on welfare, you must be extremely insecure.

It sure is entertaining to read this fantasy story.

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The way Prada Princess describes her very "fortunate" life makes the average people like us intriguing. Prada Princess sure really understand how the average people feel and want, and she fullfills our fantacy.

Someone with hundreds of million in the trust fund would be socializing with their own people. Why would she be defending herself? If a person on welfare challenges validity of your $90K job, would you even bother to defend it?

It's sort of like we wouldn't continuously talking and showing off our $500 purse and $1M condo to people on welfare checks. Of cousre unless you're one of them.

Someone with a giant trust fund should be numb by a $3,000 purse or a $10M apartment by now. Besides, trust funds usually have a clause mandate professional financial advisors to handle big investments or housing.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. So let me get this straight in my head. The commenter who said (at least I think they said?!?!) that they don't like Bush because he backed out of a treaty with a country called Kyoto? Holy shit. There should be an IQ test involved in voter registration. Wow. These are the 18 year olds running around saying how stupid all of the red states must be. Funny.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't care if this is fictional or not, because frankly I enjoy reading your blog. It's a nice break from reality...

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home