Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Prada Princess Comment Smackdown

There were some really nasty comments on my Thanksgiving Trauma and I wish I was like Lindsay Lohan entries. I would like to take this moment to respond to them. It was getting annoying doing them seperately.



You are richer than Linday Lohan, yet you rent??? No way. I don't have a trust fund, but even I have a condo.


A condo? Everyone knows the best buildings in Manhattan are coops. Condos are so B&T. What's wrong! Can't face the board? Is it your job? You shouldn't be ashamed of being part of the world oldest's profession.



you have GOT to be joking. grow up.


My life is not a joke. I take it sooo seriously. What do you know about growing up? Your surrounded by pine trees and drunk hockey players. The only contribution your country has produced to this day is Avril Lavigne and that's not much.



wow, you get a lot of random dwellers.
LUCKY!
i like your thanksgiving account. it's nice to have a life totally different then my to read about, and then find out that maybe it's not as different as i thought.


You are so sweet. You are completely right we are not so different than anyone else.




Oh. Mah. Gawd. Honey, I've met some pretentious **** in my life, but I'm afraid you take the cake. I assume you come from nouveaux-riche stock, as no *real* trust-funder I know would be so crass as to refer to themselves as a "Prada princess."

Oh, wait: you live on the Upper WEST Side. Never mind. All makes sense. Call me when you relocate to somewhere a tad more classy -- Park Ave or Darien perhaps -- 'kay, hon? In the meantime, have fun dancing on the banquettes at B8 and Marquee with your similarly vulgar trustafarian galpals.


First of all you ****less wonder you are so lucky that you did not call me a **** to my face because I would go SICK on you. Its Prada Princess b**** both P's are capitalized. You best remember that and just step off. For your information, my trust fund was set up by my grandma because she wanted to take care of all of us. That's called love you punk. Yeah upper west is my hood and you better believe I represent. B8? You obviously never been. Marquee? The Prada Princess and friends don't hang with the bridge and tunnel scene. And I don't call men. They call me. You need not apply since you are not even a man.



I love this blog. Please, all, try to see through the shallow and asinine tone. Beyond it, there lies a mind thoroughly in tune with the fast-food celebrity ordure in which our daily lives are steeped.

Her brilliant sign-off "...at least I am richer..." cuts right to the heart of modern culture: the knowledge that, no matter how sad and worthless our lives might be, we can always reinforce our self-image by the simple action of swiping a credit card. Please, dear blogger, never stop offering us this heady mixture of irony and insight.


Uhh, I am not sure what he means but it sounds like something out of one of my professors would say in my Comm studies class. So I guess its cool.

For the people I forgot who left nice things to say. Thank you.


13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Re-defining asininity. Learn to read and comprehend things.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nouveau-riche? maybe. but i think its a jewish thing. who else would refer to themselves as prada princess? no offense, thats just not very waspy. and just how much is your trust fund worth, maybe if you clarified that for all of us, we might understand. aside from that, I think youre funny, seem to be very sweet aside from being a smidgen gauche and obvious.

10:26 AM  
Blogger emschmem said...

All I know about growing up is pine trees and hockey players? And that's your defense that you've grown up and I haven't? How about gaining a social conscious before you continue to insult every single person who thinks, and rightly so, that you are pretentious.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is what I don't get - you think you're living up to some 'rich culture'. Growing up in this supposed 'culture' myself, I can tell you truthfully that it's people like you who give people like me a bad reputation.
Some of the wealthiest people I know are very highly educated (which they EARNED and many paid for on their own), have very well-respected jobs (which they EARNED), and do more charitable work than any other group of people I know. This makes them privileged, but generally no different from the rest of the world - Mommy and Daddy were there in the beginning, but they won't be there always.
So please, I beg of you, be quiet. Take a step back and wonder how long you would survive if you went to Middle America with that attitude. It's a crazy world out there (which I'm sure you now see), and it'll bite you in the ass if you have an attitude like this towards absolutely everyone who has a negative comment to throw at you.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, what are you doing posting in the middle of the afternoon? Don't you work? Oh... haha... sorry... what was I thinking...

(For the record, I'm a student. But then again, I don't claim to be rich and powerful, so what the hell do I matter - right?)

11:07 AM  
Blogger Ian MacAllen said...

Your blog is great. Don't let the nasty criticism of a few folks ruin it. They're just jealous that they have a credit limit of $250 and live in New Jersey.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahhahhahahhahha

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, who doesn't have a trust fund?
Better question: Who's gauche enought to talk about hers?
And seriously. Who cares about Prada anymore? It's so 2002.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comm? you were a comm major? very fitting.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought a blog was supposed to be an online diary... a place to journal. What I don't understand is why people feel that insulting someone is constructive. To be fair, although you don't agree with what PradaPrincess is saying, she is letting you into her life and mind by posting a blog. In a sense, we should be honered that she is allowing herself to be so vulnerable and that we are allowed to observed. The rest of us are cloaked in anonymity, she is the only one that has really put herself on the line. It's easy to throw punches when you know that you can't get hit back.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, i see you only have a platinum too, and as both our parents obviosly qualify for a black, why don't we have them too? Just because we don't take our sex lives public like paris hilton and are famous doesn't mean we don't deserve the black card too. I say we take a stand for the unknown elite.

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is quite possibly, the funniest thing on the internet. Please, don't stop... EVER. If this person is real, the best piece of unintentional comedy ever found. If this person is just a gifted writer with a very clever sense of humor, even better. I can't believe I didn't think of this first. I'm laughing my ass off.

Doc

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a link to your blog on www.defamer.com, and I love it. Don't listen to the people who make rude comments, they're just jealous of you, and they damn well should be. If they don't like what you have to say, then they don't have to f***ing read it.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home