Monday, May 07, 2007

Boys and their toys

I sent this to my Big Sister.



May 7, 2007 -- DOES the New York Times brainwash its editors into being so politically correct it affects the way they raise their kids? In his upcoming book, "Father Knows Less," the Gray Lady's city editor Wendell Jamieson writes how he worried about "giving in to sexist stereotypes by so enthusiastically encouraging" his toddler son Dean's love of trucks and buses. So he and his wife, Helene, bought the boy a toy kitchen with a play oven and microwave. Then they gave him "a girl doll [with] blond hair and a blue-checkered dress." Luckily, the youngster's masculinity prevailed - one day Jamieson found the doll stuffed in the toy microwave.


This was her response.


these people are absolute tools.

boys like trucks.
boys like to flirt with women.

this I see every single time I bring my son out.



I'm not a mother, yet. But I have to agree with my sister on this. I mean boy are boys and girls are girls. Of course there are exceptions. But in the general order of things if you give a white towel to a girl they will turn it into a veil and imagine their wedding. Give a white towel to a boy and he will turn it into a rat tail and crack a the nearest unsuspecting fanny.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd prefer not to have a picture posted. thanks.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home