Thursday, June 29, 2006

Decisions

Some of you have been saying that I should ditch the job for something better. Particuarly because of how weird the guy was. I took your advice and spoke to my former boss about what happened. He was anoyed but not surprised. He told me that head of that group is very straight forward, sometimes to a fault and he apologized if I was offended. I actually wasn't offended but I told him I just wanted to make sure the guy was normal.

I asked him for other leads, but G told me he hadn't heard anything and he told me that it might be awhile since it was already summer and most of the companies had already hired college graduates or were at the final phases of interviewing.

My mom thought my interveiwer's stories were hilarious, dad was a little alarmed and told me to let the guy know I had a father who could make him dissappear and get away with it.

It is a weird place and if I had the opportunity to trim Anna Wintour's nose hairs, I would probably do that. But right now this is in front of me and I see this as a chance to challenge myself. I mean if I can work with a bunch of virgins who worship Harrison Ford from Star Trek then I should be able work anywhere.

Let's see what happens.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever try an employment agency? Tell them what you want and they will do the looking for you.
The company that hires you will pay the fee. If they don't, the fee is usually one or two weeks salary (which won't break you). The company will know your experience (or lack of it) before they ask you to come in for an interview.
OR
Try signing up for one class in a subject that interests you at a University near you. (Must be dozens of them.) When you go to class look at their bulletin boards or go to the employment counselors and ask about internships or part time jobs in a field that piques your interest.
You can do all these things while you are working for this character and you'll have something to go to when you get tired of the job or if he starts treating you like a lackey. Good Luck.
DD

3:10 AM  
Blogger catwomannyc said...

harrison ford was in star WARS, but i am guessing the error was intentional.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Pradaprincess said...

Star Trek or Wars. Whatever. It is the same thing, worshipped by male virgins everywhere.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you batshit crazy? that job would've been the best thing that ever happened to you aside from being born into money. you will regret the decision not to.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you are the most judgemental person who ever lived. I hope your new coworkers quickly sense your superior attitude and kick you to the curb.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home