Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmas Gift Detail

Last night I got a call from the Trainer while catching up on episodes of the OC.

"PP. We have a major problem."

"What's going on?"

"We almost got completely f**ked over by one our temps."


I don't know why he said one of our temps since there is only one temp I know of who works in our office. He is a thin scraggy burnout who got hired two weeks ago to wrap up Christmas gifts for clients. But he seemed more inclined to hit on the girls and scrounge for swag.

"What happened?"

"The f**ktard has been selling the gifts on eBay."

Trainer explained that the boss was doing a search on eBay for DVD players. He bought a bulk order of DVD players to be sent as gifts to clients. Out of curiosity he went onto to eBay to see if he could get a better deal. He came upon one seller who was selling the exact type of DVD player that he had purchased. He did a little more research and realized the seller was the temp. He immediately went back to the office to do a quick inventory when he ran into the temp packing up the dvd players onto to a cart.

The boss asked him what he was doing. The temp said he was getting an early start in sending out the gifts. The boss pointed out the boxes weren't even wrapped and besides he hadn't even writing out the gift cards for the temp. The temp yammered out some excause about doing it at the post office. The boss pointed out it was Sunday. The temp tried to bulls**t his way by saying that he was going to the 24 hour one. It got really tense when a girl, presumbably his girlfriend, entered the office and blurted out to the temp that Big Joey, (These are the trainer;s exact words) was getting impatient and wanted to know when the DVD players were arriving.

The boss went ballistic, fired the temp and told them to get out before he called the cops. Even while being kicked out, the temp portested and tried to make sure he was going to get paid for his work or lack therof.

The boss did an inventory of the DVD players and to his relief they were all there. But they still needed to get wrapped.

"Which is where you come in PP. We need you to wrap up the Christmas gifts."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"I'm Jewish."

"Jesus f**king Christ! Half of the staff celebrate Passover including out boss! And these aren't Christmas gifts, they are holiday gifts."

"Why doesn't he just hire another temp?"

"Don't you think I suggested that? Boss says there is no time to find someone qualified for the job and besides, he is so f**king paranoid about the gifts dissappearing that he wants somone in -house to take care of it. Do you know he changed all the locks after that douchebag left? Now we have to get everyone new keys."

"Dude, I have like 3 market reports deadline reports to meet. I am in the middle of writing a scathing review of last weekend's Galactica which was really crappy as far as I was concerned."

"I talked to Otaku. He agreed to pick up the slack for you."

"Trainer, I ahte doing s**t. It is so tedious and time consuming."

"Listen, if you can't do it, then I have to do it."

"Wait a minute? The boss gave you this job?"

"He gave it to me delegate."

"Oh bullsh*t!"

"PP. For f**k's sake, just help me out here. My schedule is already packed enough as it is. Please. I will make it up to you."

I don't know why. But I gave in and agreed. So today I will be stuck in a room preparing gifts to be sent out at the end of thsi week. This is going to really suck.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how proud I am that you've done something altruistic, and with reasonably good grace. You go, girl.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Pradaprincess said...

Thank you. I try my best.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home