Tuesday, September 12, 2006

On edge

People are freaking out in the office. The word is that G is coming by to talk to all of us on Friday and every one is freaking out.

I walked over to Neo Geo who was frantically typing at this computer.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Preparing my resume."

"Why?"

He stopped and looked at me as if I had taken a dump on the turkey at a Thanksgiving dinner.
b
"You've never been laid off have you?"

"No."

"Ok. Whenever a boss annouces a staff wide meeting on a Friday, it means he is laying you off."

"We have staff meetings all the time."

"But never on a Friday. Its an HR tactic to always fire peopel on a Friday, that way the walking wounded have the weekend to get really drunk and depressed and they are less likely to commit suicide at work. That is why I am working on my resume which is what you should be doing too unless you have a trust fund. Now go away."

I walk off a little annoyed about that trustfund comment but he is right. I'll be fine if we get laid off. But it still sucks anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home